Saturday, September 11, 2010

First Impressions and Day Trips

Wow!
I can't believe I'm finally here, it seemed like it would never actually happen. This city is gorgeous and filled with beautiful buildings and fun little shops. I received a very in-depth introduction to many of the shops the first few days we were here because our luggage was lost somewhere in Iceland (never fly Icelandair, apparently). But, everything is where it's supposed to be now and I have more time to just explore the city and attempt to find my way around.
Yesterday we went to Callander and Loch Katerine. Callander was a cute little Scottish town, reminiscent of the ones you see in pictures and in movies. The Loch was breathtakingly beautiful and a place that made me realize "Oh my goodness, I'm in Scotland!". Needless to say, it was a great trip.
Gorgeous, right?
Today, my fellow Connies and I made a day trip to Edinburgh. It was a day of many firsts: bus trip, castle visit, trip underground, and haggis tasting. The city itself was amazing, and filled with so much history that my heart kind of started to hurt. We stayed along the Royal Mile while we were there, which is like the main road for attractions and such. It felt like there was a mini fair going on with all of the vendors and little shops and restaurants, it was great. I have a feeling that we will definitely be making a few more trips back!