Friday, October 22, 2010

Unrequited Love

Okay, so. I love Scotland. The people are great, the weather is cooler, the scenery is beautiful. I can picture myself living here so easily it's almost scary. Apparently, Scotland does not feel the same way about me. I have been sick since I've arrived (I blame Iceland Air, because that seems reasonable) and I can't figure out why. I generally only get sick once a year for about a week or so. It's been a month and a half and there are no signs pointing towards me getting well.
Thankfully, I've only had the typical cold symptoms, but you know, they get a bit annoying after awhile. Especially when you wake up in the morning feeling like death. Also, I would love to be able to go to class without worrying about having a coughing attack while the professor is lecturing. Sorry, professors and fellow classmates!
At home my problems would be fixed with the wonderful/amazing/heaven-sent DayQuil/NyQuil.
But, as further proof of Scotland's dislike for me, they don't have that in this country! And any of the so-called equivalents that I can find have not been nearly as effective in soothing my cough or making my head feel like it's normal sized. I never thought I would miss the taste of melted cough drops, but I so do.
Generally I wouldn't dedicate a whole post to complaining about being sick, and I promise not to make it a habit, but I'm kind of hoping that if I write down my complaints and send them out into the public world Scotland will realize it's being unnecessarily cruel. 
Fingers crossed!!