Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween!


Halloween has always been a big thing at our house and it feels really weird not being at home for it this year.
Although I did watch Hocus Pocus last week (which is just one of our Halloween traditions), I still feel like the feeling is different here. That's partly due to the fact that we're not anywhere near a neighborhood so if anyone has put up Halloween decorations, I can't see them. It's also because here, for people my age, Halloween is a night to dress in the least amount of clothing that you can find and get really drunk and go out. Which is fine, just not really my scene, or very Halloweenish for that matter.
However, the thing that I miss the most is that I didn't get to carve a pumpkin!! This will be the first year of my 20 that I didn't and it's quite sad. I did express my intense love for pumpkins by having one sitting in my windowsill for the past three weeks though, which is a plus.
Also, the Starbucks here does not have Pumpkin Spice Lattes!! I think that should be a sin punishable by...not death, but something almost as awful.
Hopefully as we move closer to Thanksgiving, well when it will be happening at home, I can get more in the fall mode. I really hope so anyways because this is my favorite time of year :)