Sunday, November 7, 2010

Time Change

We gained our extra hour over here in Scotland last week, and as much as this time change usually excites me, my body is still being thrown off by it. I feel like I should be able to go to bed and then realize it's only 9 o'clock. Everyday has been spent doing something recently, and I'm starting to feel the repercussions.
Recently, I just want to sit in my bed all day and snuggle up with a movie. It doesn't help that it's been raining for about 4 days straight. And, it's now starting to get dark outside around 4 in the afternoon. I love Scotland, don't get me wrong, I just need a day or so of sunshine to get me feeling better...I think.

On a brighter note (look at me, being witty), Jess and I ventured to Loch Lomond yesterday. It was quite the adventure. First, we made the 25 minute walk to the bus station in City Centre in a very cold drizzly rain. Only to discover that we had to catch a bus on Jamaica Street...which we then had to find. After locating the right bus and ensuring that it would get us to where we wanted to go, we enjoyed an hour bus ride through a more rural part of Scotland, which is always nice.
It was still a little misty when we arrived in the town of Balloch, where Lomond Shores is located. But, the town was adorable, the people were friendly, and there was hot chocolate. Needless to say, our day got exponentially better quickly. After seeing what we could of the virtually deserted Loch (Scotland in November doesn't exactly seem to be a tourist destination..weird) we headed into town to one of the many pubs to enjoy a beer and chips. We had to bring our chips in with us, but it was well worth it to sit and watch a rugby game in a pub. It was all very Scottish. Jess and I have decided that from now on we're only dating Rugby players. I have never seen so many tall, muscly men in one place. We should probably learn the rules of the game at some point....

Loch Lomond

Seagulls